The maddening clang of a Screaming Bell is no normal sound but a magical effect that can twist reality around it, invigorating nearby skaven or even ripping a hole through the veil between worlds as the Grey Seer atop it cackles in manic delight.
Unit Size: 1 Points: 220
Battlefield Role: Leader, Behemoth
Base size: 120 x 92mm
A Grey Seer on Screaming Bell is armed with a Warpstone Staff. WIZARD:
This unit can attempt to cast
2 spells in your hero phase
and attempt to unbind
2 spells in the enemy hero phase.
This unit’s Screaming Bell is armed with Rusty Spikes.
This unit has a Rat Ogor crew armed with Tearing Claws and Fangs.
Altar of the Horned Rat:
An eerie sense of watchfulness surrounds this war engine, and an unholy warding protects it from harm. This unit has a ward of 5+. In addition, at the start of your hero phase, you can say that this unit will beseech the Horned Rat instead of attempting to cast spells in that phase. If you do so, in that phase, this unit is treated as having the Priest keyword instead of the Wizard keyword.
Avalanche of Energy: Peal of Doom: The ominous tolling of a Screaming Bell resounds above the clamour of battle, crying out ‘Doom! Doom! Doom!’.
Waves of lurid green energy ripple from the Screaming Bell, filling the Grey Seer who rides it into battle with unbridled power. Add the Avalanche of Energy value on this unit’s damage table to casting and chanting rolls for this unit.
At the start of your hero phase
, you can say that this unit will ring its Screaming Bell. If you do so, roll a dice and look up the result on the table below:
- Magical Backlash: This unit suffers D3 mortal wounds that cannot be negated.
- Unholy Clamour: Add 6" to this unit’s Move characteristic until your next hero phase.
- Wall of Unholy Sound: Until your next hero phase, subtract 1 from hit rolls for attacks made by enemy units within 13" of any friendly SCREAMING BELLS for which you rolled this result in this phase.
- Deafening Peals: Until your next hero phase, roll a dice each time an enemy model is picked to issue a command while it is within 13" of any friendly SCREAMING BELLS for which you rolled this result in this phase. On a 5+, that command cannot be issued.
- Screaming Crescendo: Until your next hero phase, after this unit makes a charge move, you can pick 1 enemy unit within 1" of this unit and roll a dice. On a 2+, that unit suffers D6 mortal wounds.
- Apocalyptic Doom: At the end of this hero phase, roll a dice for each enemy unit within 13" of any friendly SCREAMING BELLS for which you rolled this result in this phase. On a 4+, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.
A Stirring Beyond the Veil: In times of desperate need, a Screaming Bell can be shattered in order to call forth a Verminlord.
Once per battle, at the start of your hero phase
, if 7 or more wounds are allocated to this unit, you can say that the Grey Seer will shatter the Screaming Bell. If you do so, roll a dice. On a 1, this unit is destroyed. On any other roll, add the number of wounds allocated to this unit to the roll.
If the modified roll is 12 or less, the Screaming Bell is shattered (see below). If the modified roll is 13 or more, the Screaming Bell is shattered and you can summon 1 VERMINLORD
to the battlefield and add it to your army. The Verminlord must be set up wholly within 13" of this unit. It can be set up within 3" of an enemy unit if this unit is within 3" of that enemy unit, otherwise it must be set up more than 9" from all enemy units. If this unit’s Screaming Bell is shattered, it can no longer attempt to cast Cracks Call
and it can no longer use its Peal of Doom
Cracks Call: Harnessing the thunderous peals of the Screaming Bell, the Grey Seer channels a reverberating sorcerous blast into the ground beneath the enemy’s feet. Gaping chasms and fume-gouting rents yawn wide, sending screaming victims vanishing into the depths.
Cracks Call is a spell that has a casting value
of 6 and a range of 13". If successfully cast, pick 1 enemy unit within range and visible to the caster and roll 2D6. If the roll is greater than that unit’s Move characteristic, that unit suffers a number of mortal wounds
equal to the difference between its Move characteristic and the roll (rounding up). This spell has no effect on units that can fly